Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

To the Land Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty

It's snowing outside right now.

I've really tried to like the snow. Really, I have. But to someone who used to sit outside at the skate park every workday with a plug-in heater and seven layers of blankets in 60 degree weather, snow is not a friend. It's an enemy.

Because it's cold. And wet. And really quite impossible to drive in, if you ask me.

So it's with great enthusiasm that I can say I will soon be leaving the snow behind for far more favorable things.

Like armpit sweat.

To be honest, it's a bittersweet experience. Moving, that is. Not armpit sweat.

While Texas will be my forever home, Colorado still has half of my heart. Or a quarter. Or maybe an eighth. Let's not get technical.

It's the place God called me to three years ago. It's the place where I've experienced many moments of failure, life-changing moments of victory, and all the spectrum of emotions in between. It's the place I met my soul-mate, the place I married my soul-mate, the place I found the perfect job, and the place I will forever be grateful for.

We're leaving behind a lot of good things: family, friends, comfort, security, and good ole Serious Texas B-B-Q.

It's true. My favorite Texas barbecue is located in Colorado, not Texas. Yes, the irony is not lost on me. Don't worry though - I'm planning on stocking up on plenty of Cherry Chipotle Salsa. If you don't know what that is, you need to go here and buy it right this minute.

It's life changing. Seriously.

All in all, it'll be hard to leave Colorado but we're excited for this new adventure. I honestly thought I'd be back in Texas a LONG time ago, but then I had to go and meet the Mr. and put my all of my grand plans on hold.

Men... always stirring up some kind of trouble.

We hit the road in 19 days, and I'm just praying that the snow doesn't decide to make one last appearance on the 28th. I'm pretty sure Josh doesn't want to sit up front all alone while I sit in the back seat and bawl.

Because that's what I do when we drive in the snow.

Really, it's quite mature.

So if you think about it, lift up a prayer that the Abominable Snowman will stay away from the Colorado-New Mexico-Texas line that last week in April.

Josh would really appreciate it.

P.S. Ten bucks says that you started singing the song as soon as you saw the title to this post.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment