Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Andrews Cookie-Making Dilemma

It's officially Friday, and that can mean a lot of things.

This week it means that I am trying to get as much work done as possible as early as possible, so I can bake some awesome treats for the Annual Andrews Family Reunion.

I was voluntold to make them, in case you were wondering.

If you don't know what voluntold means, you must not know an Andrews woman.

To give you an idea, the Mr.'s motto is that you "never cross an Andrews woman or tell them what to do". Unless you're an Andrews woman, that is.

I've trained him right.

Anywho, this whole figuring out what to bake for the Family Reunion has been stressful. So stressful, in fact, that I've even considered skipping out on it altogether because my creative baking ideas were seriously lacking.

I would have strongly considered it if it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty sure said-Andrews women would hunt me down with a pitchfork and force me out of my humble abode.

Especially since I've missed the past three years of Andrews fun.

So in the middle of trying to attend to my sick-y husband yesterday, crank out some work projects and wish I was the one laying on the couch instead of the Mr., I looked up as many dessert recipes on Pinterest as I could find.

There were a lot, by the way. Pinterest is, after all, anything if not plethoric.

{By the way, I totally just Googled "Is plethoric even a word?". It is... in case you were wondering.}

I found a lot of recipes that I wanted to try and a lot that I wanted to remake. However, the problem with me picking out recipes is that I tend to choose the most complicated recipes that are required to set for hours... or days.

Like this one:

Source: http://www.globalgourmet.com

So those were immediately tossed out of the idea bag.

After realizing that I am not Super Woman and cannot simultaneously get all dolled up, crank out work, and bake heavenly treats, I made the executive decision to just make cookies.

But not just any kind of cookies. These cookies:

Source: picky-palate.com

I'm pretty sure I gained five pounds just looking at them.

But that's ok because I totally need to gain five pounds so I can fit into these shorts at Banana Republic:
Source: bananarepublic.gap.com

I don't see any potential roadblocks to making these cookies. Well, unless you factor in the fact that HEB may not - in fact - carry the crucial cinnamon chips.

My grandma Susie, by the way, is convinced that HEB makes the decision to discontinue items solely based on her debit card purchases at said establishment. So if that's the case, they probably won't have said chips and my cookie making will be doomed to failure.

If that's the case, I'll just have to make these:

Source: http://www.doughmesstic.net

Because you've always got to have a good back-up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment