Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Clear Blue Skies and Alabis

Well, we're here.

In the grand ole state of Texas. Full of lots of clear blue skies (at the moment), heat, humidity, and snakes (more on this later).

After being on the road for two days, we were SO ready to see "civilization" again (as Josh calls it).

For real, though. There is absolutely nothing between Colorado Springs and San Antonio.

Unless you count cattle, farm land, and pick-up trucks... because there are a lot of those along the way.

The drive wasn't really that bad, despite the lack of Chick-Fil-A's and acceptable bathrooms. In fact, it was pretty enjoyable. The first day Josh and I switched off driving; the second day I decided to not even pretend to be the nice, considerate wife. I just let him drive the whole way.

If you think about though, it really was a pretty considerate move since he probably didn't want to be lost in the middle of nowhere-land, Texas. Even with a GPS, I'm no good at directions.

We passed the time doing intelligent things, like playing Mad Libs...












And listening to this kind of music....











While dancing like this...









Luckily there was no one on the road to point and laugh at us. I have an image to uphold, after all. One that is slightly less crazy and more sane.

Ha. Yeah right.

The only part of the trip that I was apprehensive about was our hotel. Since I'm blind at night and Josh will fall asleep at the wheel, we decided to break up the drive into two days. Meaning we'd have to stay at a hotel one night.

In west Texas (as in the direction...not the place).

That may mean nothing to you, so let me explain. The last time we stayed in Amarillo, our hotel room (which in normal cities is a nice hotel... just sayin') had mermaid wallpaper.

Mermaid.

Yep.

Amarillo has officially lost my respect.

So suffice it to say that my mission on this trip was to book an Alexis Approved Hotel room. Which was a hard task in and of itself...but throwing in a dog? It's pretty hard.

Do you know what kind of hotels allow dogs? You really don't want to know. They're the kind of hotels that would make me choose going camping over staying in them.

And I really, really do not like camping.

We found one, though, in the middle of Nowhere, Texas (or Canyon if you want to be specific). I had my doubts before we arrived, but it ended up being Alexis Approved after all.

Thank the Good Lord and princess' life because if it wasn't, we'd be minus one dog today.

I really love Princess, but I have to say I love clean hotel rooms more.


No comments:

Post a Comment